Wide receivers do have a medium to high risk of suffering from a concussion due to the requirements of their position on the field.
Wide receivers will be exposed to getting hard hits or clashes when trying to get into open space, or when they have the ball.
How can wide receivers avoid concussions when playing football?
- Wear proper equipment at all times, including practice
- Examine playing field for uneven spots
- Incorporate neck-strengthening exercises into training
- Pad side posts for impact
- Discourage aggression in practice and on the field
- Learn and use proper technique
Wikipedia – Health issues in American Football
Things you might be interested in.
Football concussion prevention
Separation Techniques for Wide Receivers
Techniques & Drills for Creating Championship Wide Receivers
The Best of Championship Productions: 45 Wide Receiver Drills
Drills & Routes for Wide Receivers
Ron Dugans: Quick Feet to Violent Hands — Keys to Wide Receiver Success
The Complete Handbook of Coaching Wide Receivers: The Difference Is the Details